CLEANING AND DISINFECTION OF WATER TANKS
The cleaning of tanks and their disinfection process prevent the water from being affected by the tanks and reservoirs that stores it. In most of the cases, the water flows to your water tank through the water stations of the regions. Besides, there are some areas where the water stations don’t supply water; private truck tanks fill up your residential tanks. The cleaning process of tanks maintains safety by pouring chemical additives into the tank that kills micro-organisms harmful for our health. Besides, numerous precipitations settled at the bottom of the tank; some are insoluble. It doesn’t matter whether they are soluble or insoluble; they cause harmful effect on human health, especially on the skin.
Conventionally, people use mineral or filtered water these days from Reverse Osmosis (R.O) Plants. Nonetheless, the water tanks installed at your place may contain precipitations and microbe, which may affect your skin. Therefore, water tank cleaning is highly recommended periodically. Star Fumigation Services Company also offers water tank cleaning service in Karachi.
WHY SHOULD THE TANKS STAY CLEANED?
The cleaning and disinfection of water tanks are necessary measures to ensure that the reservoir where the water is stored is in optimal conditions. So, water maintains its safety and anyone can consume it without hesitation, whether in houses, buildings, restaurants, food plants or anywhere.
Why Star Fumigation Services?
- We are experts in cleaning, disinfection and maintenance of tanks.
- We have more than 15 years of experience and thousands of satisfied customers.
- We use a natural detergent based on aloe vera, saponified coconut oil, natural lemon extract and many others.
- We don’t use industrial and domestic detergent.
- We use natural disinfectant based on grapefruit seed extract and natural acetic acid extracted from the apple; these disinfectants activate enzymes and proteins to destroy the cell membrane of micro-organisms such as bacteria, mycoplasmas, fungi, viruses and algae. Besides, we also use 7% Sodium Hypochlorite.
Extra features of Star Fumigation Services:
- We have all necessary documentation of the products we use, along with the date of application, such as Technical Data Sheet and MSDS (material safety data sheet.)
- Our trained staff use natural products for cleaning and disinfecting reservoirs, as well as for the use and dosage of sodium hypochlorite.
- We use specialized equipment for cleaning reservoirs, such as brushes.
WHEN SHOULD YOU DO THE CLEANING AND DISINFECTION?
You should hire a professional to clean the water tank at least every six months, especially when you use the same water for drinking purpose. Otherwise, tank cleaning once a year is enough. Secondly, this practice helps to keep the interior of the tank clean and avoid contamination.
WHAT TANKS NEED CLEANING TREATMENT?
The cleaning of all reservoirs (water tanks) is important as far as it comes to human consumption. However, this process disinfects the water tank and makes it safe for human consumption.
Similarly, construction companies are liable to perform waterproofing of the tank walls and tightness tests during the construction of house or building. Also, the company must clean and disinfect the tank, including the floor and roof part of the tank.
HOW TO CLEAN THE WATER TANK?
INSPECTION FOR CLEANING TANKS
To perform the water tank cleaning in Karachi, the inspection of an on-site reservoir is compulsory. It would allow our professionals to determine the condition of the water tank, which further helps to design the operational plan. Besides, it also ensures the safety of working personnel.
First, the evaluation of working conditions include:
- Reservoir location.
- Reservoir measurement or cubing, if the client doesn’t have plans.
- Locate the water stopcock.
- Location and distance from the point where the reservoir evacuates used water (Drain mailbox, log box, septic tank, sump well, drain valve, etc.)
- Locate and determine distance from the power point and type of outlet for the electric pumps that will be used to evacuate the water.
- Water level at the time of inspection.
- Soil condition.
- State of the suction pipe.
- Location of the reservoir lid.
Then, the evaluation of safety conditions include:
- Condition of the stairs, in case you have one.
- Staff size.
- Anchor points to connect the harness lifeline.
- Inspect the space around the entrance of the tank.
- Check if they have safety railings.
- Check whether it is in a ventilated area.
PROCEDURE FOR THE EXECUTION OF TANK CLEANING
With the information previously obtained in the inspection stage, the following are the steps to move for the water tank cleaning:
- Verify that the water flow valve is closed.
- Turn off the electrical power of the pumping system.
- Open the reservoir lid
- Introduction of a submersible electric pump inside the reservoir (if required), connected to a hose.
- Connection of the electric pump to evacuate the water inside the reservoir.
- Evacuate the water from the reservoir to the drain point determined in the inspection.
- Disconnect the energy from the submersible electric pump.
- Measure gases inside the reservoir by introducing the gas meter probe.
- The entrance of personnel inside the reservoir duly hooked to their lifeline.
- Perform the scratching of the reservoir walls.
- Rinse the walls.
- Perform the evacuation of the remaining water from the reservoir wash.
- Dry the reservoir walls.
- Sprinkle or spray the previously prepared disinfectant solution on the walls and floor of the reservoir.
- Then, the staff gets out of the reservoir and also takes out all their equipment.
- The client evaluates and agrees with the work done.
- After 10 minutes, the product would have done its work, open the water inlet valve.
- The corresponding records would determine the efficiency of the work done.
(This procedure is general. However, it may vary depending on the condition of the tank.)